2015 MomentUs Leadership Summit: Creating a Tipping Point for Climate Solutions
Where can you find a bishop, a doctor, and a mayor talking about climate change, and collaborating on ways to inspire Americans on solutions? The Path to Positive 2015 MomentUs Leadership Summit, that’s where!
How often do 200 leaders from across industries and the nation have a chance to work together on the world’s biggest challenge? Heads of religious denominations, public health associations, cities, universities, foundations, government, and more will join the Summit to work within and across sectors to galvanize leadership on climate change solutions. With so many opportunities for leadership in 2015 (the Pope’s upcoming encyclical, COP 21 Paris, and many others), now is the time for us to chart plans for individual and collective impact.
It’s about all of us, now, creating a tipping point for meaningful climate solutions.
Here are some of the eminent speakers who will be participating (more will be announced soon):
• Dr. Norman Anderson, CEO, American Psychological Association
• Dr. Carlton Brown, President, Clark Atlanta University
• Katherine Di Matteo, Executive Director, Sustainable Food Trade Assn.
• Jay Faison, Managing Partner, ClearPath Foundation
• Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
• Dr. Antonio Flores, President and CEO, Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
• Rabbi Steve Gutow, President and CEO of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs
• Linda Jaramillo, Executive Minister, United Church of Christ
• Hon. Elizabeth Kautz, Mayor, City of Burnsville, MN
• Danny Kennedy, co-Founder, Sungevity, Inc.
• David Levine, Co-founder, Pres and CEO, American Sustainable Business Council
• Bishop Vashti McKenzie, Bishop, African Methodist Episcopal Church
• Hon. Greg Nickels, 51st Mayor, City of Seattle
• U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-Hawai‘i)
• Rev. Dr. Sharon Watkins, General Minister and President, Disciples of Christ
Our MomentUs initiative empowers leaders across multiple sectors to engage their organizations and communities on climate solutions. If you would like to connect with other like-minded leaders and help move America along the path to a positive future, sign up at Momentus.org today.